Safaga located 50 km south of Hurghada on the western coast of the Red Sea. Safaga is 80 km to the north of El Qusier and 160 km to the East of Qena. The city started during the reign of Philadelphus who named it after his sister death between 282-268 BC.
Safaga is famous for
- Mineral springs and black sand dunes
- Unpolluted atmosphere
- Phosphate mines
- therapeutic destination
- Diving spots
- Kite and Wind surfing center
- Wellness and spa destination
- Relaxing holiday
- Local shops and markets
- Unspoiled snorkeling spots
- Phosphate mines
- Safaga port which serves as link between Egypt and Arab and Asian countries. The port is used for exporting phosphate since 1911 and aluminum. also the port is a cross point for Egyptian pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.
- Excellent weather all year round
- Budget and luxury hotels between 3,4 and 5 starts
- Easily traveling from here to west where you can visit Luxor sightseeing and make a perfect trip to the desert
- Safaga is known as one of the most important therapeutic tourist centers
- well known wreck near the port dates back to 1944 World War 2
Safaga comparing with the big cities of Egypt like Cairo, Alexandria and Port Said is a small city with small populations. According to 2018-2019 statistics Safaga populations are estimated to be 40 903 thousands mostly working in tourism and fishing.
How to Get In?
It is easy to get to and from any location in Egypt to Safaga. You can easily fly to Hurghada airport then a taxi to Safaga. Or you can come with the Gobus company from Cairo to Marsa Alam and leave the bus at Safaga.
Safaga Weather Forecast
The average temperature is
4 stars hotels
- Menaville Safaga Resort
- Lotus Bay Resort
- Hotel Sol Y Mar Paradise Beach
- Shams Safaga
- Imperial Shams Abu Soma
Hotels 5 stars
- Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa
- Caribbean World Resorts Soma Bay
- Palm Royale Soma Bay
- Mövenpick Resort Soma Bay
- club magic life
Houses and apartments
- Wadi Jebal Residence
- El Jawhara Beach
- Nemo Dive Club & Hotel
- Amira Safaga
- Coral Garden
Diving and Snorkeling
Safaga offers some of the best dive sites in the area for example
- Shaab Saimen
- Ras Abu Soma
- Tobia Arba
- Tobia Kebira
- Gamul Soraya
- Panorama Reef
- Abu Gafan
Kindly remember whenever you dive or snorkel to do not touch the coral, do not stand on them and do not feed any underwater creatures.
While you are at Safaga, you are so close to some of the best Golf Courses in the area
- 18-Hole Championship Course
- 9-Hole Executive Course
- 3-Hole Champ. practice holes Course
Famous Hotels for Golf as following
- Madinat Makadi Golf Resort
- The Westin Soma Bay Golf Resort & Spa
- The Cascades at Soma Bay Golf & Country Club
- Steigenberger Makadi Golf Hotel
Horse Back Riding
You can enjoy horse and camels ride from most of the hotels in Safaga long their sandy beaches or in the desert.
Safaga is known for its flat water and light wind, so it’s perfect for all novices. whether you are beginner, intermediate or expert you definitely can enjoy the windsurfing. In Safaga you can find perfect places for windsurfing and Kitesurfing separately.
Safaga offers ideal natural remedies for different physical diseases and a wide variety of therapies and treatment methods available. If you are suffering from bronchitis, asthma or stress Safaga warm weather and nature will guarantee you perfect healing way.
Safaga is not like Hurghada, so there is few local place where you can have a beer or cocktails or a spend a night talking to friends and locals.
- Black Cat
- La Tratoria
- Diving Snaks Bar
- Dar El Andalos
Safaga Excursions and Tours
Excursions are available every day to and around Hurghada like
- Diving Hurghada Trip
- Toubia island snorkeling full day
- Gifton Island Hurghada – Hurghada Boat Trips
- Hurghada City Tour – Excursion Hurghada – Hurghada Tours
- Luxor Private Day Tour – Luxor Sightseeing – Luxor
- Monasteries of St. Anthony & St. Paul From Hurghada
- Quad Biking Hurghada | Morning Safari Moto
- Safari Hurghada – Super Safari Badawia all in one
- Sea Scope Hurghada – Semi Submarine Hurghada
- Ghost City day tour from Hurghada
- Cairo one day tour from Hurghada by coach
- Cairo attractions – Hurghada to Cairo By Plane
- Catamaran snorkeling day at Sahl Hasheesh
- Sindbad submarine
Egypt has four mobile operators and they are offering a lot of roaming bundles mobile services. The services cover 4G, 3G, ADSL and broadband Internet services.
Egypt code : +2
Mobile services code
We : 015
Orange : 012
Etisalat : 011
Vodaphone : 010
Egypt has the power plugs and sockets of type C and F. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
If you are coming to spend your vacation in Safaga, you can arrange your transfer in advance to start your holiday with hassle free. You can arrange your arrival / Departure from Hurghada international airport to your resort in advance with very special prices via www.golavita.com/taxi-hurghada/
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Caribbean World Resorts Soma Bay
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Palm Royale Soma Bay
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Mövenpick Resort Soma Bay
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Menaville Safaga Resort
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Lotus Bay Resort
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Shams Safaga
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Imperial Shams Abu Soma
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to Wadi Jebal Residence
- Taxi Hurghada transfer to El Jawhara Beach
All those transfer cost the same price including the waiting time at Hurghada international airport, Meet & Assist, Welcome drink and 24/7 services.
The price is 13 Euro per car from 1 to 3 Persons
What is the best time to come to Safaga?
The best time to come to Safaga is September, October and November when the temperature range between 25 C and 30 C.
Is it safe to come to Egypt and Safaga?
As the Egyptians say future in the hands of the god and nobody can guarantee to live the next 5 minutes but Egypt in general is more safe than most of travel destination all over the world.